Thursday 21 May 2020

BRINGER OF JOY

Lucy Pittaway 'The Joy Of Spring'
This morning,
I stepped out of the house,
And my mind was shrouded
In a cloud of misery.
I was alone.
Stranded,
In a never-ending cycle,
Of gloom and despair.
Nothing mattered.
Nothing could improve.

And then,
Out of the blue,
Through the barrier of woe,
Broke a tiny glimmer of light,
Radiating knowledge,
Truth and joy,
In the form of your smile.

You creep closer,
You laugh, and talk and grin.
You say magical words,
Normal, everyday words,
The shield of despair lifts,
And suddenly everything seems possible,
Now I am free.


Every day,
Somebody steps outside,
Scared and depressed,
But there is always a salvation
From the darkness,
Always somebody,
Always a bringer of light,
Ready to save your day.


(Emma Dimitrova, my 11 years old daughter, 04/05/20)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers