Monday 15 April 2019

MUM

(a poem by 10 year old Emma)

I’m the luckiest person in the world,
I’m not sure I even deserve,
Such a wonderful mother like you.

You hugged me when the world was new,
I hugged you back when I was two.
You taught me how to read and write,
You tucked me into bed at night.
Your tasty food fed me well,
So that I hardly ever fell.


To my delight,
You still hug me ever so tight,
Your gentle hands stroke my face,
They feel like delicate lace.
Your mouth curls into a loving smile,
You protect me from all the vile
Creatures and people of the dark.
Your voice sounds like a pretty skylark,
Your humour gets me when I’m at my saddest,
And my maddest.

May our love continue,
And the happiness within you,
Shine bright for ever and ever!

(Emma Dimitrova (my 10 year old daughter), 25/12/2018)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers