Tuesday 16 April 2019

THE MAGIC GARDEN

(a poem by 10 year old Emma)


I know a place,
That you can’t replace.
Now see what things are done,
In my garden.

During winter it’s cold,
But behold!
The beauty’s still there,
In the fresh misty air.
Look out, and you’ll see a snout,
Poking out,
It’s a squirrel!
The wind will rattle,
The trees, sending them on a battle,
Against each other.

When it’s spring,
I like to sing,
And the garden sings back.
I might hear a ‘quack!’,
From a baby duck,
So, I wish it luck,
And send it on its way.


Now it’s summer,
I really wonder,
If the sky larks will come around,
And if they’ll perch on the ground.
The breeze whispers to me,
And then laughs with glee!

Throughout autumn,
Now it’s really quite awesome,
When you look ahead,
See the orange, yellow and red,
Leaves,
Fall from the trees.

Now you’ve seen my majestic garden,
Let me see yours!

(Emma Dimitrova (my 10 year old daughter), 08/12/2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers