Saturday 27 April 2019

SPACE

(a poem by 10 year old Emma)

When you look at the night sky, what do you see?
Stars upon stars,
Suns upon suns,
Galaxies, black holes, the solar systems,
Mercury, Venus,
Earth and Mars,
I can guarantee,
That you already know the rest!

Though it may seem queer,
I think I can trust,
To tell you that we’re made of star dust.
Loads and loads of years ago,
When we had just started to grow,
The star dust started to flow,
Through our blood.
Making us good,
Clever, kind, and happy.


So tonight, when you look at the sky,
You might wonder, and so will I,
How those astronauts got up so high,
How the human eye,
Can see.
Why are we so interested about stargazing?
Is it because our home is calling?

(Emma Dimitrova (my 10 year old daughter), 13/01/2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers