Saturday 8 June 2019

VIENNA

(a poem by 10 year old Emma)

It's such a big city,
And my, it's so pretty!
The flowers and roses,
A city of music and culture.


After a colossal breakfast,
When we're at our freshest,
We jump on a tram,
To get lost in the crowded city.


It's the city of elegance, beauty and art,
From swirly balconies and buildings,
To delicate cafe tables and chairs,
And spacious parks galore.


The little cafes, warm and cosy,
Welcoming us in,
As we pass the little gift shops,
And sweets, peering from the windows.


Although it rained,
We were not pained,
Although we did grumble,
Throughout the day the rain stayed humble.


The food and drink kept our spirits up,
Like drinking hot juice from a cup,
The schnitzel was scrumptious,
As was the apple strudel!


On the last day I moaned and groaned,
I didn't want to leave,
But I did believe,
That I could return one day, once again.


(Emma Dimitrova, my 10 year old daughter, 08/06/2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers