Sunday 19 May 2019

MY ADVENTURE

(a poem by 10 year old Emma)
I've passed a fountain
Been in a slate mine,
Even climbed a mountain.

It was very high,
I gasped, but I didn't cry,
We were so close to the sky.

I was amazed at the beauty of the rolling hills,
Sad that the tiny ant-like people below,
Could not see the nature, so still.

On the next day we went to the beach,
We went rock climbing,
We went so high it was almost out of reach.

My heart was in my mouth,
As I scrambled around for footholds,
Listening to the soothing sound of the sea.


Afterwards we went on a boat,
Called a Kayak; although I fell,
I still managed to float.

I tried to scream; I was terrified,
But the cold icy water went in.
I really was trying to swim!

On the last day we went to the beach once more,
We found rocks and wood,
And things we wouldn't have found before.

Last of all, we followed a map,
All the way home...


(Emma Dimitrova (my 10 year old daughter), 19/05/2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers