Saturday 20 July 2019

RECIPE FOR HAPPINESS

Today I am going to prepare for you happiness. You know, the happiness, that everybody is dreaming about. That memorable happiness. That shattering deep happiness, after which you are not the same. The happiness we read in the books, we look at in the movies and listen from the stories of other people. That happiness that lasts just over a few minutes. I am going to prepare for you that kind of difficult to achieve happiness, when we are once again a whole with the stars above us, as it was at the beginning.

Have you ever been happy this way?


Today I am going to prepare for you happiness. It is a joy to blend in with the vibrations of the cosmos when everything in you trembles harmoniously like the music of a magic flute. I just have to find the right products for such happiness. The cosmos lives in us, but why is it so difficult to reach its vastness and power? That's what I need, power and greatness, so I do not get lost in everyday pebbles.

I promise to be happy for one whole day. I promise to be frivolous. I will leave my sorrow. I will forget about my pain. Because these ingredients can change the recipe for happiness. And I want to show you that there is a part in me that is capable of excluding the melancholy and the eternal desire to seek meaning. Because I do not have much experience with long and lasting happiness, I will have to long dig in old and dusty culinary books that contain recipes for all sorts of conditions. I believe your recipe will be different from mine, but I guess the difference will be rather in the amount of ingredients.

And I'm starting to cook my happiness.
I put a little bit of the recklessness and oblivion to prevent my brain from analyzing everything and breaking the recipe.

I put in a little bit of courage. It is so necessary and deficient. Because you need to be brave to survive after a whole day of stunning happiness. Without the slightest guilt, that someone is hungry for happiness. It is  courage to take the first step. It is courage to go first.

I will forget about tomorrow, I will put more from here and now.

I will put in a pinch of love. Because what are we, if our heart does not wait for someone? This is love, is it not? Expect someone and someone to expect you. To be deeply embraced in the heart of another person, this is the highest privilege and compliment.

I will put some warm. To melt the ice when on a cold morning you will leave me. Because there comes a moment when everyone leaves to be alone with himself and the creator.

I'll put a pinch of humanity. Because I have to know how to save you when life shows you its raw face and you are alone and defenseless. Then I will have to save you and I will need a lot of kindness. Because this is also happiness and sharing.

I will put more from generosity. For if I keep all the treasures of my heart for myself, what is the point that they exist? The treasures of the heart has to be given out, every moment and in full handfuls. Because someone somewhere longs to be flattered and pardoned. And that could be us. Because mercy is in our hands.

I'll put in a big portion of laughter. To meet with joy every new day. Let the laughter of our hearts enlighten the paths of the heart when the darkness takes over everything
.
I will put in a great deal of nobility. So that in the difficult days the desire for revenge can not take our soul. Nobility is what makes us high.

I will put in a whole bunch of freedom. Because only when you are chained in constraints, prejudices, and fear, you understand how valuable it is to be able to spread your wings and fly at any time and everywhere. Because the freedom is the one that makes sense of the effort.

I'll put in a pinch of gratitude. Because it shows how high-minded and how civilized our heart is. Gratitude is like a balm for the temple of our heart, keeping it soft and bright.

I will put in a handful of tenderness. Tenderness is my concern for you. It's what makes me want to do feats and miracles for you. Because the tenderness is like a hug without touch, as an explanation in love without words.

I will also put in the recipe the connection with the nature. Receiving with open heart and soul from the warm of every form of life. Handing out the wealth of the heart to everything around you. This is when you merge with life around you and become part of something great and significant.
.
I will put in a pinch of dreams and longings. Because our happiness is the result of our brave dreams and daring longings. Very often, the world of dreams is more real and merciful than the harsh reality around us.

I will put just a little bit of sadness. No, the sorrow will not drive away the happiness. Because in the moments of happiness, the sadness will remind us who we are, how long we have traveled to our happiness and what price we have paid for it. The sadness will keep us from being selfish and will keep us focused so that we do not forget the way to our happy moment.

And finally,
last but not least, I will sprinkle all the ingredients of the recipe with a clear conscience. Because the clear conscience is what keeps our dreams bright and peaceful. Clear conscience is a guarantee that you have nothing to be ashamed of yourself. Clear conscience is our established relationship with God.

Have you ever been happy this way?


(Elena S. Lyubenova)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers