Saturday, 9 June 2018

LOVE GRAMMAR


In the beginning, long before the Word, everything was dust and gas. Particles of stardust travelled through the universe to form the body of our history. At first, I was a small, lonely particle drifting through space, surrounded by countless other particles of stardust. But every particle of stardust is created to meet and find its meaning only in one other specific particle.

Every love story begins and unfolds according to the law of gravity. Two physical bodies, influenced by their own mass and the energy they radiate, separated by distance, move in a dance through space, slowly drawing closer to one another. The gravitational field of their emotions changes through the force that attracts them together, transforming the space and time around them into waves that carry their story across the universe.

Every love story needs a language through which it can express itself, so that you can share yourself with me and I can understand you. At first, you were beyond words. You were a radiant cosmic phenomenon whose smile made my body travel faster upon the gravitational waves so that I could reach you sooner. When the power of your smile had exhausted itself, it became the turn of your eyes. Two little windows reflecting the stars of the entire galaxy. The power of their light was disarmingly honest and intimate, just as the naked sky reveals itself only in the intimacy of the night. When our gravitational waves crossed, a cosmic storm was born, in which the hot sands of Africa and the snowy fields of Antarctica met at a single point, as my warm blood embraced your cold present.

You are the pronoun I cry out into the night. You are the pronoun that comes to me whenever everything seems hopeless and meaningless. I am the part of madness that travels through all of space to reach you and set you free. Because your liberation depends upon my acceptance. And my purpose is fulfilled through your admiration. We are two physical bodies filled with stardust, held together by the gravitational force of our two hearts. They are silent inhabitants of the heavens, watching the unfolding of our story with quiet wonder and devotion. For you and I become us, and we are His embodiment and continuation. I love you, and you love me. In the vast universe, filled with lonely particles of stardust, we find one another and unite so that He may live through us.

You are the number one I need so that the hormones of spring may unite us into a pair, multiply us, and glorify life. You are half the reason life exists. I am the intoxicating second half that enters your world without ceremony to destroy your old present so that something new, something magical, something whole may be born from it.

You are the noun love, born in the deep crimson of every sunrise. The noun love that accompanies every crimson sunset, leaving blood-red traces across the sky and within our hearts. You are my old broken heart. You are my new suffering. I am your new mistake. I am your new pain. I am the tear that soaks into your lonely pillow. I am your new promise to remain faithful to yourself. I am the air you need. You are my prayer.

You are the adjective majestic. You are many other adjectives that define who I become beside you. You are magical, great, compassionate, just and magnificent. I am tempting, intoxicating, unfaithful, merciful and forgiving. Such is the nature of the adjective—it cannot exist on its own. It needs the noun, love, which it adorns in moments of delight and sorrow.

You are the verb love. And twenty-four hours a day I conjugate this verb in the first person singular. I love you. The second person belongs to you. You love me. You are the verb touch. You touch my face. My hands touch your body. We are two particles of stardust forming one living energy. You are the verb believe. You believe in me. You believe that I am different. And I am. I believe that your presence in my life has profound meaning. You teach me to believe in myself. You are the verb pray. And I pray that you will be merciful to me.

You are the adverb nearby. You come to me whenever you wish, following only the whims of your heart. I am the adverb far away. I leave every time our closeness becomes so overwhelming that I begin to lose myself. Because I need to be far away in order not to forget who I am. I need to reconnect with the divine source of love and draw new life energy from it. When I am with you, you define time and space, and everything becomes cosmic and powerful. When you are with me, you bend the gravitational waves of time so completely that I forget to follow the rational logic of cause and effect. Because everything between us happens illogically, wildly and astonishingly, without any promise of either past or future.

You are an interjection of delight. You are admiration itself, which needs no words because it is already present in the air. I am the silent sound of ecstasy that escapes from within me when every other word becomes unnecessary. I am an interjection calling out to God, when silence is the truest expression of what is happening, when space itself is filled with sighs and prayers.

You and I are a conjunction.

The most powerful and beautiful instrument in the hands of God.

(Elena S. Lyubenova)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me