Friday, 16 June 2017

SOMEDAY

An unnecessary love wanders through the world. A lonely, unwanted love stands outside in the rain, waiting for you to call. But right now you do not need this love. It is immense. Vast. Destructive. Your world is small, and it cannot contain it. Your world is too small and would burst beneath its weight.

A lonely love walks through the rain, hoping that someone will adopt it. It is so immense that my little heart may burst from it. There is room for it neither in my heart nor in yours. Both are too small.

Do you see what we have done? You played with my heart, and I welcomed your attention. Do you see what we have done? We have created a cosmic love that is about to destroy us. The energy of the whole universe gathered inside two small hearts.

But neither you nor I have room for this love. Nor is there such an enormous container in the world that could hold it. I suggest that we find a great cosmic storehouse and keep it there. Our immense love will live inside this storehouse. Whenever we feel lonely and without love, we will come and take a little of it. This cosmic love is our love. There will be enough for everybody.

And someday, when you feel your heart growing cold, come and find me. Together we will go to our cosmic storehouse, set our love free, and it will bring our frozen hearts back to life. Someday, when our small, frightened and broken hearts are finally free.

Until then, I will share this cosmic love with everyone I meet. Every day I will go to the storehouse. No, not because I fear that thieves will steal our love, but because every day I need to take little pieces of it. I will carry those little pieces with me and give them away. There are so many lonely hearts in the world. Unfortunate hearts. Sad hearts. Empty hearts. Betrayed hearts. Broken hearts. They all need love to rise again towards life. It is to them that I will give our love.

Do you see what we have created together? Can you feel it? An immense cosmic love, powerful enough to feed the whole world with energy, warmth and tenderness. Someday it will return to us. Someday, when we are together.

There is a woman standing at the corner of this old street, selling flowers. She herself is like a beautiful flower, but her heart is full of sorrow. Her beloved has left the human world forever, and in vain she waits for him to return. She desperately needs to feel loved again, to feel that she is still needed and desired. I take handfuls of our cosmic love and pour them over her. I bless her with our love. And you would not believe it, but she begins to feel life flowing through her once more. She begins to feel that God loves her. You see? Our love performs miracles. Someday it will perform a miracle for us as well.

Someday.

Later, among the crowd, I notice a little girl. She does not yet know love, and her heart is still pure and whole. I sprinkle over her a little cosmic dust from our starry love so that she may never know the suffering of love. Someday she will be happy in love. And this will be a divine exception made in the name of our love.

Someday.

Do you see that soldier leaning against the old monument? Do you see how slowly he walks upon his only remaining leg? He has just returned from war. But his heart carries a terrible secret. A young and unknown life ended because the sorrowful soldier with one leg was quicker to shoot and his weapon was more accurate. He is the one to whom I give some of our love—a starlike powder of love that brings mercy and forgiveness. He must first forgive himself so that his heart may become free and learn to love again. Our love is his medicine. Our love does not judge. It does not pronounce sentences. It does not hate. Our love is patient and magical. Our love brings mercy.

Someday he will love again. Someday, when he forgives himself.

Someday.

A lonely bird circles above me, enchanted to fly forever without landing until someone falls in love with her. But it is winter. Snow is falling from the sky, and the lonely bird is already exhausted. She cannot see another brave bird nearby, one who loves the freedom of the heavens more than itself and who could fall in love with her and break the spell. She cries sadly for her future beloved. But all the other birds hide in warm and dry places because they fear the storms.

The lonely, courageous bird is doomed to search for love without finding it. Then I pour over her some of our cosmic love. I give her enough to keep flying through the heavens until she finally meets her future love.

Someday it will happen. Someday she will meet another brave bird like herself and fall in love.

Someday.

In the field beneath the hill I see Mary Magdalene mourning her lost love. She waits for her beloved to rise again so that their hearts may finally be reunited. She has waited for ages, yet the resurrection has still not come. I bow deeply before her suffering. I generously cover her with handfuls of our cosmic love. Her faithful heart comes alive once more, and the moment of her reunion with the Resurrection comes ever closer.

Someday it will happen.

Someday.

One hundred stars descend from the darkness above me. One hundred stars illuminate the darkness of the Earth. They are one hundred human souls circling the Earth without finding peace. One hundred souls whose bodies a young and ambitious captain ordered to be shot without hesitation. When he gave the order, he saw only that they belonged to different nations, religions, countries and genders. He saw their differences but failed to see what united them with him—that they were all human beings. He ordered them to be killed because they did not belong to his nation or his religion.

One hundred bodies killed on the same day became one hundred stars whose energy travelled into outer space. There they shone—untouchable, solemn and equal. They shone with the same brilliance regardless of their nation, race, religion or gender before death.

Death made them equal. They had already forgiven the captain.

Now, in an extraordinary cosmic event, one hundred stars descend to Earth to take the captain with them. I watch them and silently bless them with our cosmic love. Because there, in the cold and endless universe, they will shine together as one hundred and one stars. Our love will warm them. Our love will inspire them. Our love will make them patient and forgiving.

Someday they will all love one another equally. Someday they will forgive one another for the deaths they caused. Someday, when love defeats death.

Someday.

Meanwhile, I bow deeply before their suffering.

This is what our love does. Can you see it? It saves the world from suffering. It makes the world kinder and more patient. It forgives the sins of the world. It makes people gentle and good-hearted. It breaks evil spells and enchants people with eternal love.

So there was a reason for us to meet. There was a reason for us to love one another. "There is no greater meaning than love," the heavens whisper. Someday you will need my love.

Someday I will need yours. Let us keep our love alive for that someday.

Someday.

(Elena S. Lyubenova)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me