Monday, 20 July 2026

Welcome to Chalk & Chapters with Elena

 

Giving My Books a New Life 😊

https://www.youtube.com/@chalk_and_chapters

I believe that books are a long conversation with the reader. Sometimes, however, we prefer to listen - while out for a walk, travelling, doing something around the house, or simply sitting with a cup of coffee in hand.

For a long time, I had wanted to record extracts from my books. I could never quite find the time or the courage, but at last I have begun. These recordings will give my books a new life - allowing them not only to be read, but also to be heard.

That is why I created the YouTube channel Chalk & Chapters with Elena, where I will share audio recordings of individual chapters from my books - first in Bulgarian and then, gradually, in English as well.

I did this for myself, too. We live in a time when noise is everywhere.  It can be incredibly stressful and nerve-racking. Music plays almost constantly. Our phones send us notifications. Short videos follow one another endlessly. Words come and go so quickly that we rarely have time to truly take them in.

Sometimes, however, we need exactly the opposite - a few minutes of quiet. A voice that does not try to shout above the world, but simply tells a story. Time to sit with a single thought, a story, or a question that deserves more attention. 

That is what I would like this channel to be. A place where words are not simply heard, but stay with us. A place where books can be discovered one chapter at a time. A place where someone may come across a title that sparks their curiosity and allows it to lead them towards an idea, a moment of reflection, or perhaps the whole book.

I hope that, in this way, my books will also reach people who might not otherwise pick them up. Perhaps someone will listen to only one chapter. Perhaps someone else will want to read the whole book. In either case, I will be happy if my words find a new path towards people.

I have to admit... I'm very excited. For me, this is a challenge - to put myself out there, even if it's only through my voice. But sometimes we need to take a deep breath, step out of our comfort zone, and challenge ourselves.  

And if you decide to stay for the chapters that follow, you will be very welcome. ❤️

Welcome to Chalk & Chapters with Elena:
https://www.youtube.com/@chalk_and_chapters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me