Saturday, 25 April 2020

THE LANGUAGE OF LOVE




The Language of Love Is Silent

You're trying to speak to me in your language, but I don't understand you. You make awkward gestures, trying to show me what your words fail to convey. I listen to hear, to understand, to feel, to ease your awkwardness, to shorten the distance between us. We speak different languages, but it is the sparkle in our eyes that brings us closer. Desperate because your words do not reach me, you sink into silence, and only your eyes look at me intently. They look at me as though I am the one who lights the fire within them. And then I understand everything. You become so excited that you spontaneously embrace me as a sign of apology and humility. And suddenly everything is clear without words. Because you speak the language of love.

But today you are different, and I do not understand the language of your silence. Today you are different, and you speak to me in the language of indifference. You change every day, and I fail to learn your language, to understand your heart and the way it expresses itself.

One day you are yourself, and the next you dissolve into everything, living and inanimate. I want to learn to understand you, to find you. You want to learn to understand me so that you do not lose me.

The Language of Love Is Like Freedom

In an instant, I become a light-winged bird that rises to an unprecedented height to absorb the sky within me. And you are there. You are the infinite sky itself, gently comforting me in your embrace. Moments later, I become the sand, warmed by the August sun, slowly absorbing the water. And you are there. You are the great wave that carries me back to the shore. You are my salvation. And freedom is the language that binds us forever.

The Language of Love Is Like a Song

You are the fish in the river that reflects the birds in the trees. The birds sing about what the fish remain silent about. They sing about the secrets of rivers and oceans, about the mystery of the birth of life. I am the song that fills your heart. I am the oldest melody in the world, the one that makes you part of the history of creation. Like a creature that takes two and a song. You are the sounds from which I compose my music.

The Language of Love Is Like a Prayer

Like meditation in a green forest. Like the colour of beloved eyes that can never be forgotten. Like the sunlight I breathe. Like all the optimism that the sun pours into me. Like the anxiety I exhale. Like the cry of silence. Like the purity that follows betrayal.

The Language of Love Is Like an Invitation to Loneliness

You promise to always be with me. You even try to convince me that I am everything to you. I believe you. Then, in the days that follow, you are already different. Now you are everything only to yourself. I no longer believe in promises. It is the embrace of loneliness that saves me.

The Language of Love Is Like the Pain Before Separation

Like the silence and the joy after loss. Like illusions rediscovered. Like a cure for indifference. Like the expectation that the heart will be broken again.

The Language of Love Is Like a Mirror

I look at you to see myself. To see whether you allow me into yourself. You look at me to show me that I am no longer reflected in your eyes. I search for you so that I may exist. You run away from me to find yourself. The language of love is the life born within me. The life you created in me through moments of uncertain tenderness.

The Language of Love Is the Thought of the Other

It is an outstretched hand. It is the smile on your face when you hear my name. It is a shared sigh beneath the veil of night. It is the memory of our shared tomorrow and the hope born from missed moments. It is the light in the deepest night, when it is so comforting to be together. It is also warmth when we are far apart but dreaming of one another.

The Language of Love Is Like Humanity

In the language of love, compassion and mercy are what keep us noble. They are also what give depth to our hearts. They are the patience of the universe when you and I become almost unbearable, even to God. When we forget about the existence of God, He reminds us of Himself by giving us the chance to be noble and gracious. Because the will to follow Him is what makes us victorious.

In the language of love, we look into our souls.

(Elena S. Lyubenova)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me